PWN Global: VP Mentoring
PWN Global is seeking a VP Mentoring to develop the Federation’s overall strategy for developing and supporting mentoring activities across our city networks and with our corporate partners.
We are looking for a self-starter with teambuilding and project management skills to develop greater co-ordination and support to corporate partners and city networks; the volunteer team should include mentoring expertise.
The specific activities outlined below are in addition to assuming the duties and responsibilities that apply to all Federation Board members.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit and lead a winning team of volunteers to deliver on the Mentoring strategy, with the mindset to empower City Networks.
- Develop and manage annual budget for Global mentoring.
- Build relationships with the Corporate Partners team to understand their needs.
- Build relationships with external, complementary Mentoring and Gender Balanced initiatives.
- Act as sounding board of experience when networks are ready to launch new programs and are seeking best practices.
The Mentoring Team should support the city networks to:
- Coordinate and communicate with the Mentoring leads across all city networks to share best practices and ideas.
- Act as central point to leverage Mentoring best practices in each country and to ensure all networks are aware of them (monthly teleconferences, central information repository, etc.)
- Participate in monthly board teleconference, and co-operate with other Global Board Members
- Regularly attend City Network President teleconferences.
- Define with the VPs in City Networks a strategic Mentoring policy.
- Represent PWN Global when possible in different forums.
- Contribute to design, organisation and delivery of Content Offsites.
- Review business model for mentoring across networks
- Liaise with Alumni as potential mentors
- Work with VP Technology on IT support as required.
Time Commitment: Approx. 3-5 hours per week (variable and dependent on creation of a support team).
IDEAL BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Passion for empowering our members’ personal and professional growth.
- Experience in project management and teambuilding / HR management, bootstrapping small teams
- Results-driven with focus on impact
- Minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible business experience, preferably in an international environment. Strong experience in Good Governance, Executive Management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a sense of diplomacy and collaborative leadership.
- Working across cultures and fluency in written and spoken English in required in addition to other languages is ideal.
- Ideally having served as a City Network President, a Board Member at the Federation level, on a Non-Profit Board, or on Corporate Board
- Access to an international network of great professional women
- Bring your own ideas and innovate
- Develop professionally and learn from your peers
If you are interested to find out more, or wish to apply for this role, please send your CV and letter of motivation to Susannah Haan, Secretary General, PWN Global