Benefits for Mentors: Developing Leadership Skills
Mentors have the chance to develop their leadership skills. Thanks to the support of the Mentoring Coordination Team, they will experience a program that also challenges them to reflect on their professional career and aspirations. It is a chance to reflect on their own practices and challenges.
Mentors will encourage action, commitment and motivation. At the same time, they will provide and receive continuous feedback. Participating as a Mentor with the PWN Vienna Mentoring Program also allows them access to the PWN network through its global and local City Networks, and gives them visibility through its media channels, including LinkedIn and the online magazine, Connect.
Building Mentoring Competency
To further increase benefits for Mentors and Mentees, PWN Vienna strives to continually increase the strength of its program. In 2022/23 we will support our Mentors by:
- Creating a mentor community - we have workshops dedicated to supporting the Mentors
- Encouraging all Mentors to access and complete the free ‘Open University online certified learning module Exploring Career Mentoring and Coaching’
- Offering advanced mentoring skills training for those who possess foundation and basic practitioner mentoring skills
- Offering Mentoring Reflective Practice Space (Supervision) for our Mentors. In 2020/21 we will pilot a group mentor reflective practice (supervision) approach. Please click here to find out more
APPLICATION DEADLINES & FORMS
Before you apply, please make sure you will have time to participate in the program. To fully benefit, you need to be available for at least one meeting per month, in addition to the time necessary to work on reaching your goals. Motivation, engagement, and dedication to the program are crucial for successful mentoring.
- Application Deadline for Mentors and Mentees: Thursday, 15 September 2022
- Kick-Off Meeting (Mandatory!): Tuesday, 11 October 2022
- Please apply by filling out our online application form for Mentors
- Mentors will have a personal interview with the coordination team.
- Selected Mentors will receive a confirmation by October 2nd, 2022.
Early bird offer!
If you apply by July 31st, 2022 you will be eligible to access an exclusive workshop: 10 Principles for Success with Viktorija Jordanovska, NLP Trainer and Coach.